20 years of working on “location” for films and television has trained Jana to think on her feet, anywhere. Jana and her team have learned to pack what they need, to live where they work, put their ears to the ground and find the resources needed to get professional results anywhere YOU want to live.
Jana’s education in theatrical design provides a background in history of décor that helps her to see what is best to draw from in terms of local style and resources. There are artisans and trades people in every US city and in every country (that we have worked in so far) that have all the skills needed to make what may not be available to buy.
We have been fortunate to develop relationships with our clients that last for years. For some of our clients, we are now on their second or third homes as they grow and move on.
Whether we are working on an oceanfront home in Malibu, Massachusetts, or in a city like Puerto Vallarta, whether you are creating a space for yourself or the rental market, we will take off from where your local architects finish.
Whether you’re starting from scratch or augmenting your collections, we can design your space and make implementation of your plans as effortless for you as you choose.
Of course all of the services listed in Residential Design Services apply here but in addition, more specifically…
- We will look at your plans for renovation or new construction with your specific lifestyle goals in mind.
- We will compare your moving list to our list of the things we think you will need to run a successful primary or secondary home.
- We will make sure you have all the necessary stuff to make your life easy. This includes shopping for your dishes, kitchenware and appliances.
- For example:
- Do you need dinnerware for 4 or 14?
- Will you be having houseguests that will need bedding and necessities?
- Is there a vacuum cleaner and ironing board in case either you or your household staff needs to use them?
- Do you need a lot of beach or pool towels?
- Setting up your bar, home entertainment center and home office.
- Buying your bedding, towels, bathroom accessories, and even shampoo.
- Helping you choose your art and hanging it properly.
- Finding the products you are used to that may not exist in another country.
- Meet with your housekeeper and stock up the items you need to have on hand.
- If you are doing renovations or planning new construction we can help you choose your materials locally and import what isn’t available.
- We can make sure the plans for the kitchen; pantry, built-ins and furnishings will be adequately customized and “westernized” while keeping as much local style as you desire.
- We can be on site for the periods of time needed to make your house a home and completely set you up!
"When I found the location of my dream home on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico I knew it would be easier to start from scratch then move my household. Jana and her team swarmed into Merida, the closest major city and over a series of long weekends set me up a functional household. We will have her back as soon as construction is finished to set up all of the furnishings and accessories Jana commissioned from local artisans and sourced throughout the area."
T.K.F., Valley Glen, CA& Chellem, Yuccatan, Mexico
How we charge>
<back to top