How did this specialty begin?
“Several years ago I got a call from the executive assistant of a successful business owner; we will call him Mr. Big. His assistant was familiar with my entertainment industry experience and was hopeful I could handle this unusual challenge.
Apparently, Mr. Big had finally split from his wife. He was living in a hotel and had taken his fabulously expensive wardrobe but NOTHING else. His staff wanted him settled into a luxury home by the end of the WEEK. They knew if he could feel “at home” and comfortable again, he would be less likely to go back to the wife. Mr. Big didn’t have a spoon, a coffee maker or even a chair to start with…we had ONE WEEK.
Well, we did it… but to be fair, it did take us 10 days! In fact, Mr. Big was so comfortable with his new “instant” home that he asked us back to decorate for Christmas. He was so pleased with everything, that he hosted his annual company holiday party at his new home that year!
We have gone on to work on several of Mr. Big’s residences including his ocean front property in Malibu which was rented one summer by Diana Ross.
We know that no matter what the reason you find yourself on your own, it feels the same for a women or a man: It’s hard to design a home by yourself and not a lot of fun. Collaborating with Jana and her team will provide you with more options, make better use of your time, and make decision making easier and yes – we think you will find it fun!
Whether you’re starting from scratch or filling in the blanks, we can design your space and make implementation of your plan effortlessly. Essentially we become the non-judgmental “spouse” “mother”, “sister”, “best friend” you wish you had. We will do this with more than competent skills, completely accommodating your schedule and have…FUN!
Of course, all of the services listed in Residential Design Services apply here but more specifically…
In addition to overseeing the overall design details, we can completely set you up: We will make your house a home!
- We will compare what you own to our list of the things you need to run a successful first or second home.
- We will get an idea of your life style and goals and make sure you have all the necessary stuff to make them possible.
- For example:
- Do you need dinnerware for 4 or 14?
- Will you be having houseguests that will need bedding and necessities?
- Is there a vacuum cleaner and Ironing board in case either you or your household staff needs to use them?
- This includes shopping for your dishes, kitchen ware and appliances
- Setting up your bar, home entertainment center and home office
- Buying your bedding, towels, Bathroom accessories even shampoo
- Helping you choose your art and hanging it properly
- Meet with your housekeeper and stock up the items you need to have on hand
- If you are renovating we can help you choose your materials and be the tie breaker when you are fighting with you contractor over grout color
- We can be home for deliveries and on site for your workers while you are at the office making money to afford your life
- And SO MUCH MORE…
The following photos demonstrate a home that was rented by the staff of a busy executive. He didn’t have a stick of furniture, no towels, linens, or kitchenware…only his wardrobe. We made this 3 bedroom house a home for him in 10 days.
For more photos of this project, click here>
"…she got inside my head… Jana transformed my home, worked with my budget, and made the process fun. I always get compliments, even from other designers."
L.K. Entertainment Industry Creative Executive,
"Jana Rosenblatt is a great designer and terrific problem solver. She develops creative solutions that are wonderful to live with, fitting them to the personal style of the client. She’s a joy!"
M. M., Malibu CA. Los Angeles Times & Jewish